Thursday, April 3, 2008

Welcome to the Blogosphere

This site has been dormant since I've created it, and finally after much procrastination, let's start the party.

For those of you who don't know me, I'm Will Palaszczuk and I will join Chris Hemeyer this year on Kinston Indians radio broadcasts. I grew up watching Carolina League baseball with the Potomac Nationals, back when they were the Prince William Cannons. I watched the K-Tribe on a couple of occasions in Woodbridge, but not enough to garner any comparisons to the current team on the field.

Moving to Kinston for the summer will be a new, challenging, but hopefully fun experience. I hope I can bring you the best coverage of the Indians by seeing them everyday.

For fans, feel free to come up to me and ask me anything, and for friends of mine who read this page, feel free to critique (within reason) what you think about the work I do.

This will be my first job in play-by-play, so I'm asking you to take my first few innings with a grain of salt.

I will be posting game recaps for the first month or so until I get down to Kinston on May 23rd, and observations I hear of from Chris. Once I get to Kinston I hope to post game notes, lineup cards, recaps, and audio highlights from every game I see. It might seem like a lot, but it's a labor of love. Baseball is a passion of mine and being able to work in it is a dream come true for me.

Look for my season preview with the next post, Catch Chris with the first pitch Friday at 7:00 p.m. at Grainger Stadium as the Indians open up with the Winston-Salem Warthogs.

Lastly, thank you for welcoming me to the blogosphere, it's gonna be a fun ride.

No comments: